November 25, 2005

Friday in the wild - November 25, 2005

Yay, Friday! Here's my weekly roundup of the interesting and informative from my little corner of the blogosphere.

The dogs at Fide-O did a good trilogy on the deity of Christ. This was especially pertinent to me because I happen to be involved in a "discussion" on a Web forum with some KJV-onlyists claiming that modern Bibles "deny" or "weaken" claims of Christ's deity (and I notice that Jason is able to defend Christ without resorting to King James' Bible):

The only way to know Christ is through the Bible. That is why the Scriptures are so revered by us. The Bible is not our god or more important than God; it is not superior to Christ by any means. But the Bible is the only way to know God. Thus, we believe that Jesus desires for His bride to trust His Word. His Word represents Him and reveals Him. To know the Bible takes the power of the Holy Spirit revealing the text. The test of whether that revelation is from God is proven by the fact that it will be in sync with the rules of hermeneutics.

[Read Jesus is Eternally God]

See also: Jesus is Equally God and Jesus is Essentially God.

Since thanks to my Remembrance Day series, World War I was much on my mind in recent days, I enjoyed reading Joel's post about the Christmas Truce of 1914 on On the Other Foot:

Well, no war is ever really fought decently. And World War I was bloodier and grimmer than most, with little to show at the end. But the Christmas Truce of 1914 shows that soldiers can be men as well as weapons. . . .

The last man who was there when the guns fell silent and the soccer balls came out died today.

Alfred Anderson lived beyond the Western Front to see death camps, a cold war, and suicide bombers on British soil. He was living proof that war doesn't have to take the humanity out of the men who fight it.

[Read When wars were fought by gentlemen]

Michelle Malkin has had enough of leftist critics who think Asian women are good at being whores but not thinking independently.

The racist and sexist "yellow woman doing a white man's job" knock is a tiresome old attack from impotent liberals that I've tolerated a long time. It is pathetic that I have to sit here and tell you that my ideas, my politics, and my intellectual capital are mine and mine alone in response to cowardly attacks from misogynistic moonbats with Asian whore fixations. My IQ, free will, skin color, eye shape, productivity, sincerity, and integrity are routinely ridiculed or questioned because I happen to be a minority conservative woman. As a public figure, I am willing to take these insults, but I cannot tolerate the smearing of my loved ones. Because I have always been open and proud about his support for my career, my husband has taken endless, hate-filled abuse from my critics. His Jewish heritage, his decision to be a stay-at-home dad, and even his looks, are the subject of brutal mockery.

[Read Just a Yellow Woman Doing a White Man's Job]

The Pedantic Protestant reveals all: the poorly kept secret of his identity.

Even though the full moon was a week and a half ago, that didn't stop the Google insanity from reaching absurd heights this week:

Until next week? Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment