October 27, 2004

I'm searching through these carousels and the carnival arcades

Now that it appears Blogger has gotten over its bout with cyber-'flu or whatever was going on, I have discovered that Christian Carnival XLI is up at From the Anchor Hold.

My submission was my defense of sola Scriptura from this weekend. I see that I've already received some comments prompting further discussion, so I know I've got at least one good theology post coming in the next few days.

With over 30 submissions again this week, it took a while to slug through them all, but here are the highlights.

Jerry McClellan at Truth Be Told fisks a sermon by infamous Episcopalian bishop Gene Robinson, whose views on good and evil are a bit addlepated:

Apparently Mr. Robinson believes that no one can know what is evil and if one does profess to know good or evil then he is being arrogant. His sermon is taken from Matthew 13: 24 - 30, 36 - 43, the parable of the wheat and tares, although, he doesn't really stay on point and pours into this passage a meaning that, obviously, it was not intended to have.

[Read I Know Good and Evil, am I Arrogant?]

Warren at View from the Pew argues that there is no such thing as the separation of church and life:

I do not see how faith and action can ever be separated, if you are following your faith in a consistant manner. Faith requires you to believe a certain way about things, and those beliefs require you to act in certain ways. This is hard for people without faith to understand. They cannot see what it is about faith that makes it so vital to people who have it. Part of the problem is us.

[Read Faith in Public]

You know, given that Martin Luther was one of the most down-to-earth characters in human history, there's just something æsthetically right about the idea that Luther discovering the great truths of the Reformation while taking a dump, as Intolerant Elle writes:

Luther is quoted as saying he was “in cloaca”, or in the sewer, when he was inspired to argue that salvation is granted because of faith, not deeds.

[Read Good Works Down the Toilet]

As always: Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment