January 20, 2006

Why I'm considering converting to Satanism

It's a week stale (I'm working through a backlog of old blog reading), but it amused me to find out that Scott Adams had exactly the same thought as I did regarding the trampling deaths in Mecca last week during the annual Hajj:

I think it's interesting that when you pray to God for a new bike, it hardly ever materializes in your bedroom within seconds. But when you throw stones at the devil, quite often you get an immediate response. That's an example of good customer service.

[Full Text]

One aspect of the whole annual-mass-trampling story that I really found ironic was that the British police sent a delegate to Mecca this year to study their security and crowd-management arrangements. Heh. Hope he learned something useful.

No comments:

Post a Comment