December 19, 2004

Na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na . . .

. . . Bat, man!

This morning in the lobby outside the lecture hall where my church holds its young adult Sunday school class, we were variously amused, terrified, and thrilled by the derring-do of a rather large (and probably confused) brown bat that somehow got into the building and started swooping around us.

Bats were ubiquitous in the paper mill back home one summer when I worked there, but I never got a real close look at one until today. So I was firmly entrenched in the "Whoa, cool!" camp. At least, until it got six inches in front of my face before veering off. That was freaky.

(And yes, I'm well aware that bats don't usually fly into people's faces. Stop laughing. It was a reflex.)

No comments:

Post a Comment