June 16, 2009

And now . . . this - June 16/09

Whoops!

Here's a tenez ma bière et observez ceci moment if I ever read one:

A furious Belgian father has gone to the police after his teenage daughter ended up with 56 stars tattooed on her face after allegedly asking the tattooist for "some points of colour."

Kimberley Vlaminck, 18, claimed that she asked for only three stars to be tattooed near her left eye as a present from her father, Diego, who was upholding a family tradition of tattoos. . . .

As her father ate an ice cream outside, Miss Vlaeminck claims she fell asleep before waking up to find her face covered in the "nightmare" tattoos.

Uh-huh.

I don't have a tattoo, and I don't want one. But given that a) tattooing is done with a needle, b) needles hurt, and c) needles in the face especially hurt, I rather doubt Ms. Vlaminck fell asleep long enough to have 53 superfluous stars inked on her cheek without her knowledge. Unless "fell asleep" means "passed out after a few too many pints of Hoegaarden." And it must have been one heck of an ice cream to occupy her father for that long.

I tend to believe the tattoo artist:

"She was awake all the time. I did not hypnotise or dope her, as they say, it was with agreement. No way could I have tattooed so many stars on her face against her will," he said.

[Full Story]

No comments:

Post a Comment