February 03, 2006

Well, I tried . . .

. . . but I was sick as a dog today, and any time I didn't spend sleeping, I spent

  • coughing until it felt like my ribs were going to implode
  • trying desperately not to swallow and aggravate a very sore throat
  • longing for death

Writing lengthy blog posts, needless to say, was not on my mind.

To make matters worse, the aforementioned symptoms completely robbed me of sleep last night. I had a slight fever, and I suspect I was slightly delirious: it felt like my mind refused to let me sleep until I had solved a bizarre, six-layered logic puzzle of some kind, which I can no longer recall. I suspect it was complete gibberish. I despise being kept awake by random codswallop. My post on the cartoon jihad was written early this morning, between about 6 am, when I gave up trying to sleep, and 8 am, when my body finally ran ouf of gas and crashed hard.

So I guess my first guilty pleasure is . . . procrastination! Maybe tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment