June 22, 2005

Google maps redux: Now that's what I'm talking about

In my previous post on wasting time with Google Maps, I set out some challenges. A number of commenters delivered multiple instances of planes in flight, and another correctly identified one of my mystery locations.

In the meantime I've been losing more sleep to Google and come up with a few instances of some other interesting views from my original list, especially military hardware:

  • A B-2 Spirit.
  • A little ways farther south, what appears to be a F-117 Nighthawk sits on the tarmac. Not surprising that these two planes are hanging around Plant 42 in Palmdale, California.
  • Over at Edwards AFB, I spotted a pair of SR-71s - quite possibly the coolest airplane ever invented.
  • And check this out: submarines at Norfolk.

Apparently, some time in the last few days, Google has also updated the maps section with footage of locations all over the world. Should be fun to do a little more sightseeing in Europe and Asia, checking out nifty locations like this and this and this and this and this.

No comments:

Post a Comment