January 04, 2005

Name that tune

There's a game going around the LiveJournal blogs: you set your MP3 player (or whatever) to shuffle play, then post random lyrics from the first 20 songs. As readers guess what the songs are, they're struck off the list.

Not only does a game like this satisfy my obsession with lists, not to mention my interest in music, but I kind of like the look of short lyrical fragments taken out of context. (I use them for font samples, for example.)

So here's my 20 songs. Hints: iTunes' Party Shuffle feature was using my 80's Hits playlist, and I edited out any repeat artists. Have fun.

  1. where's the streetwise Hercules to fight the rising odds?
  2. but I know the reason why you keep this silence up
  3. maybe I just wouldn't know what to do with my strength anyway
  4. and you can act real rude or totally removed and I can act like an imbecile
  5. the music makes you groove through the night
  6. either I'm wrong or I'm perfectly right every time
  7. I feel tragic like I'm Marlon Brando
  8. got a lion in my pocket and baby he's ready to roar
  9. never understood, never had a thing to prove
  10. I'll take any risk to tie back the hands of time
  11. just like a rainbow you know you set me free
  12. people in the park playing games in the dark
  13. there was a woman in the jungle and a monkey on a tree
  14. get angry at the weekend then go back to school
  15. like a Philistine we're burning witches too
  16. a skill I needed to have to be a survivor
  17. my heart's staying where my heart belongs
  18. strange is your language and I have no decoder
  19. the golden dance life could be
  20. when you fake it's hard to tell

No comments:

Post a Comment