January 17, 2005

Filling in time with another meme

La Shawn Barber is taking the weekend off blogging, but left her readers with a few good questions to answer:

1) How long have you been blogging?

Since September 2003, so not quite a year and a half.

2) Do you believe you’re addicted to blogging? Please explain, and be honest. It is habit-forming, I must confess. (If I decide to use your response, I may have follow-up questions.)

Sometimes I feel bad about not blogging anything for a few days, but I've never had the sort of guilt feelings about it that would suggest to me that I'm addicted. Usually I just don't have anything to say at the time.

3) Have you ever taken a hiatus? If so, for what reason and how long?

Never fully, but because of time constraints or just wanting to concentrate my efforts on something else, I've dialed back my blogging time now and then. I've never felt a pressing need to get away from it all; it's just a hobby that takes a lower priority when necessary.

4) Have you ever thought of giving up your blog? Why or why not?

No, never. In addition to being a convenient place to venty, it's of value to me for my technical and rhetorical skills - it keeps me doing something with the Web instead of just talking about doing something.

No comments:

Post a Comment