March 17, 2011

Nemo theta own: the answers

Last week I posted about some fun a friend and I had with his computer: when we discovered that Windows' speech-recognition system was less than stellar, we decided to sing to Word and see what happened. I posted the results and encouraged you to try and guess what the songs were. Here are the answers:

  1. "Fly Me to the Moon" by Frank Sinatra
  2. "Amazing Grace"
  3. "Supercalifragilisticexpialadocious" from Mary Poppins
  4. "Ring of Fire" by Johnny Cash
  5. "Stairway to Heaven" by Led Zeppelin
  6. "Mad World" by Tears for Fears
  7. "Safety Dance" by Men Without Hats
  8. "All My Loving" by the Beatles
  9. "Danny Boy"
  10. "One More Minute" by "Weird Al" Yankovic

My friend Aaron saw these on Facebook and got the first eight quite quickly. On the other hand, "Danny Boy" was severely obscured by the software, and admittedly "One More Minute" is fairly obscure.

Maybe I'll try this again sometime. Anyone for Shakespeare?

No comments:

Post a Comment