March 17, 2005

What a day

I spent a good part of my afternoon today helping my friend Brandt move out of the place he's been living for the last two weeks, in anticipation of moving into what sounds like a suh-weet loft. Reason for move: weird landlord. Brandt chronicled some of his idiosyncrasies a few days ago. He was creepy. He seems sane enough, but as long as we were in the house packing things up, he was constantly in our faces, asking if we needed garbage bags, telling us to check behind the furniture, yada yada yada. I don't think he got more than ten feet away from us as long as we were there. Maybe he thought we were going to swipe the silverware or something, I don't know.

Followed that up by going out to church. Our usual young adult meeting was pre-empted by a coffee house. When the right people in the group get organized to do stuff like this, the result is a real talent powerhouse. I don't think there was a bad act in the bunch, and what lacked finesse made up for it in gutsiness.

But now I'm bushed, and I ate too much cake. I'm winding down with a little Mozart: horn concerti performed by Xiao-Ming Han with the English Chamber Orchestra, conducted by Jia Lü. One of the girls in the group plays French horn and performed a movement from one of them, and it's kind of stuck in my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment