January 15, 2004

Sit down and shut up

The hard-left activist organization MoveOn.org announced the winners of its "Bush in 30 Seconds" contest in which various contestants competed to produce the best anti-George W. Bush ad. Entertainment was provided by the usual cadre of second-rate and has-been talent (including such notable political pundits as "comedienne" Margaret Cho, writer Al Franken, and rapper Chuck D) in the form of profanity-ridden commentary, of which Matt Drudge procured a partial transcript.

This from actress Julia Stiles proves the adage that brains times beauty equals a constant:

I was worried that some soldiers over in Iraq who are actually younger than I am would see some salacious report on MSNBC and think that I was attacking them and not the government that put them there. And I was afraid that Bill O'Reilly would come and, with a shotgun at my front door and shoot me for being unpatriotic.

Unfortunately, that same adage doesn't appear to explain Margaret Cho's vulgar babblings, as she appears to possess neither brains nor beauty.