March 20, 2006

I'm a spam blog!

Imagine my surprise to get a very odd error message in w.bloggar informing me that I would actually have to log my browser onto blogger.com to post, and directing me to a URL I could read for more information. That page reads, in part:

Blogger's spam-prevention robots have detected that your blog has characteristics of a spam blog. (What's a spam blog?) Since you're an actual person reading this, your blog is probably not a spam blog. Automated spam detection is inherently fuzzy, and we sincerely apologize for this false positive.

Before we can turn off mandatory word verification on your posts we'll need to have a human review your blog and verify that it is not a spam blog. Please fill out the form below to get a review.

Curses! I've been caught. I wonder what gave me away? Hundreds of book titles (which I may or may not have read), no doubt.

Anyway, hopefully Blogger will be quick to correct this.

Postscript: That was quick and painless. I just received a form email from Blogger support saying that the CC has been reviewed and verified as Not Spam. Apparently they have a whitelist of verified sites, as well, so the chances of being randomly zonked again by a silly computer algorithm are, hopefully, nil.

No comments:

Post a Comment