February 27, 2010

Sigh . . . this is so generic

Little problems never stay little, they always cascade into bigger problems.

Last year, Haloscan announced the discontinuation of their free commenting platform, which I have been using on the Crusty Curmudgeon almost since its inception.

No problem, I thought, I'll just switch to another one. Blogger has its own system which is probably adequate, right? Problem is, turning on comments didn't turn on comments.

No problem, I thought, there's aways Intense Debate. Just toss in some custom code and we're off to the races. Problem is, they don't support my old-style template.

Blogger Classic used a slightly modified HTML, which I can practically code in my sleep. I can't even begin to understand the markup language used by New Blogger to create their templates. So it looks like my hand's been forced: in order to get the features I want, I have to lose my own layout.

Ugh. This looks so generic. Well, if I can't understand the code, I'll have to get cracking on hacking the style sheet. The orange was getting a little old anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment